Despite budget cuts and a reduction in size, the US has maintained its position Top in 20 Most Powerful Armies in the World, according to a report on globalization from Credit Suisse. While the US is on the top on the list of most powerful armies in the world, Russia is second strongest military power in the world and China is having the largest military in the world. India is one of the largest military powers on the planet. Canada, however, is the weakest of the twenty countries on the list of most powerful armies in the world.

To provide a benchmark, theĀ Credit SuisseĀ report assigns weighted values for six variables before tabulating a final score. The factors under consideration for military strength and their total weights are a number of active personnel (5% of total score), tanks (10%), attack helicopters (15%), aircraft (20%), aircraft carriers (25%), and submarines (25%).

Top 20 Most Powerful Armies in the World are below.

1) United States

Most Powerful Armies in the World-US Army
Source Soc.mil

Budget: $601 billion
Active frontline personnel: 1,400,000
Tanks: 8,848
Total aircraft: 13,892
Submarines: 72

2) Russia

Most Powerful Armies in the World-Russian Army
Source Vitaly Kuzmin

Budget: $84.5 billion
Active frontline personnel: 766,055
Tanks: 15,398
Total aircraft: 3,429
Submarines: 55

3) China

Most Powerful Armies in the World-Chinese Army
Source Kremlin

Budget: $216 billion
Active frontline personnel: 2,333,000
Tanks: 9,150
Total aircraft: 2,860
Submarines: 67

4) Japan

Most Powerful Armies in the World-Japanese Army
Source Flickr

Budget: $41.6 billion
Active frontline personnel: 247,173
Tanks: 678
Total aircraft: 1,613
Submarines: 16

5) India

Most Powerful Armies in the World-Indian Army
Source Wikipedia

Budget: $50 billion
Active frontline personnel: 1,325,000
Tanks: 6,464
Total aircraft: 1,905
Submarines: 15

6) France

Most Powerful Armies in the World-French Army
Source Defence Link

Budget: $62.3 billion
Active frontline personnel: 202,761
Tanks: 423
Total aircraft: 1,264
Submarines: 10

7) South Korea

Most Powerful Armies in the World-South Korean Army
Source Navy

Budget: $62.3 billion
Active frontline personnel: 624,465
Tanks: 2,381
Total aircraft: 1,412
Submarines: 13

8) Italy

Most Powerful Armies in the World-Italian Army
Source Esercito

Budget: $34 billion
Active frontline personnel: 320,000
Tanks: 586
Total aircraft: 760
Submarines: 6

9) United Kingdom

Most Powerful Armies in the World-British Army
Source Defence Imagery

Budget: $60.5 billion
Active frontline personnel: 146,980
Tanks: 407
Total aircraft: 936
Submarines: 10

10) Turkey

Most Powerful Armies in the World-Turkish Army
Source Flickr

Budget: $18.2 billion
Active frontline personnel: 410,500
Tanks: 3,778
Total aircraft: 1,020
Submarines: 13

Top 20 Most Powerful Armies in the World

11) Pakistan

Most Powerful Armies in the World-Pakistan Army
Source Wikipedia

Budget: $7 billion
Active frontline personnel: 617,000
Tanks: 2,924
Total aircraft: 914
Submarines: 8

12) Egypt

Most Powerful Armies in the World-Egypt Army
Source Flickr

Budget: $4.4 billion
Active frontline personnel: 468,500
Tanks: 4,624
Total aircraft: 1,107
Submarines: 4

13) Taiwan

Most Powerful Armies in the World-Taiwan Army
Source Dvids

Budget: $10.7 billion
Active frontline personnel: 290,000
Tanks: 2,005
Total aircraft: 804
Submarines: 4

14) Israel

Most Powerful Armies in the World-Israel Army
Source Flickr

Budget: $17 billion
Active frontline personnel: 160,000
Tanks: 4,170
Total aircraft: 684
Submarines: 5

15) Australia

Most Powerful Armies in the World-Australian Army
Source Wikipedia

Budget: $26.1 billion
Active frontline personnel: 58,000
Tanks: 59
Total aircraft: 408
Submarines: 6

16) Thailand

Most Powerful Armies in the World-Thai Army
Source Flickr

Budget: $5.39 billion
Active frontline personnel: 306,000
Tanks: 722
Total aircraft: 573
Submarines: 0

17) Poland

Most Powerful Armies in the World-Polish Army
Source Wikipedia

Budget: $9.4 billion
Active frontline personnel: 120,000
Tanks: 1,009
Total aircraft: 467
Submarines: 5

18) Germany

Most Powerful Armies in the World-German Army
Source Flickr

Budget: $40.2 billion
Active frontline personnel: 179,046
Tanks: 408
Total aircraft: 663
Submarines: 4

19) Indonesia

Most Powerful Armies in the World-Indonesian Army
Source Wikipedia

Budget: $6.9 billion
Active frontline personnel: 476,000
Tanks: 468
Total aircraft: 405
Submarines: 2

20) Canada

Most Powerful Armies in the World-Canadian Army
Source Wikipedia

Budget: $15.7 billion
Active frontline personnel: 92,000
Tanks: 181
Total aircraft: 420
Submarines: 4