Fruits and vegetables are pretty incredible. People say so all the time but you won’t believe how awesome they can really be until you read this! Here is a brief collection of fun facts about fruits
1) Your Apples Are A Year Old
In the U.S., the apples sold at stores can be up to a year old.
2) A Strawberry is Not a Berry
A strawberry isn’t an actual berry, but a banana is.
3) Grapes Explode When You Put Them In The Microwave
Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.
4) Apples, peaches, and raspberries are all members of the rose family.
Apples, peaches, and raspberries are all members of the rose family.
5) Oranges are not in top ten lists of food when it comes to vitamin C levels.
Oranges are not even in the top ten list of common foods when it comes to vitamin C levels.
6) Tomato is world’s most popular fruit
The World’s Most Popular Fruit is the TOMATO.
7) A Coffee “Bean” is Not Actually a Bean
Coffee beans aren’t beans. They are fruit pits.
8) Bananas are radioactive.
Bananas are slightly radioactive.
9) Grapefruit Can Cause ‘Sudden Death’
Drinking grapefruit while taking medication can cause instant overdose and death.
10) Square Watermelons are grown by Japanese
Square Watermelons are grown by Japanese farmers for easier stack and store.
Fruit Facts: 20 Facts about Fruits
11) Cucumbers are fruits.
Cucumbers are fruits.
12) Orange the Color or Orange the Fruit?
The color Orange is named after the Orange fruit, but before that, it was called geoluread (yellow-red).
13) Pomology is the study of fruits.
Pomology is the study of fruits.
14) Fruit Salad Trees Bear 7 Different Kinds of Fruit on One Plant!
There is a tree called Fruit Salad Tree that sprouts 3 to 7 different fruits in the same tree.
15) Vegetables Are Alive And Have Internal Clocks
Vegetables and fruits don’t die the moment they are harvested. They respond to their environment for days.
16) More Genes Than Humans: The Tomato Decoded
Tomatoes have more genes than humans.
17) Humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas.
Humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas.
18) Pineapples actually giant berries
The pineapple is actually a berry.
19) Strawberries have more vitamin C than oranges
Strawberries have more vitamin C than oranges.
20) The ‘Miracle berry’ that makes even Brussels sprouts taste good
After eating “miracle fruit,” very sour foods will taste sweet for one or two hours.