Explore 16 Best Street Foods in Mumbai You Must Try. Mumbai is very different from most cities in India. Mumbai is a city that has a little of everything and attracts many people from all corners of India. The street side food in Mumbai is as diverse as the people, ranging from street food to fine cuisine to small snacks. The Mumbai Food Guide for Mumbai Famous Sweets is available easily For all those visiting this great city, here are some 16 Best Street Foods in Mumbai You Must Try and best street food places in Mumbai:
1) Vada Pav @ Anand
Vada Pav is a combination of boiled potatoes mashed with fresh coriander, green chillies, a bit of ginger and sometimes garlic, made into palm sized balls and dipped in a chickpea flour batter and deep fried till golden. They are stuffed into a Pav, which has been applied with a layer of spicy green chutney and a fiery red garlic crush. Tastes best when eaten hot.
- Address: Anand Stall, Opp. Mithibai College, Gulmohar Road No. 1, Vile Parle West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400056, India.
- Phone: +91 98334 42623
- Hours: 8 AM–11:30 PM
2) Bheja Fry @ Radio
Bheja Fry is sauteed with tomatoes, onions, turmeric, green chillies, spices and garnished with fresh coriander is a staple of those with slightly adventurous carnivorous leanings in the city. Bheja Fry is eaten with a roti (Indian bread) or pav, this melt in the mouth dish has a huge fan following and you often find that one plate in not enough.
- Address: Radio Restaurant, 10, M Khana Rd, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001, India
- Phone: +91 22 3315 1900
- Hours: 6 AM–12 AM
3) Bombil Fry @ Gajalee
Bombil, or Bombay Duck, is a fish that is found in plenty in the waters around Mumbai. A fisher folk favourite, Bombils are flattened, then dipped in a spice-filled besan (gram flour) batter and fried. This crunchy on the outside and mushy soft on the inside fish dish can be eaten on its own as a starter, or as a main course with chapattis.
- Address: Gajalee Restaurant, -21, Kadamgiri Complex, East, Vile Parle, 20, Hanuman Rd, Vile Parle East, Vile Parle, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400057, India
- Phone: +91 22 2611 4093
- Hours: 11:30 AM–3:30 PM, 7 PM–11:30 PM
4) Brun Maska @ Kyani
The Brun is sliced and lashings of butter are applied lavishly. Some even sprinkle quite a bit of sugar. It is usually accompanied by the sweet Irani chai. Dipping the Brun Maska in the Tea is the only way to eat it.
- Address: Kyani & Co. House Of Cakes, 657, Jermahal Estate, JSS Road, Tak Wadi, Lohar Chawl, Opposite Metro Cinema, Marine Lines, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400002, India
- Phone: +91 22 2201 1492
- Hours: 7 AM–9 PM
5) Kanda Poha @ Aaswad
Kanda Poha is easy to make snack is made with Kanda (onions) and Poha (flaked rice) mixed with chopped potatoes and green chillies, sometimes even peas. Tempered with mustard seeds and garnished with fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime, it lights up dull days.
- Address: Aaswad, Shivaji Park House, Ram Ganesh Gadkari Chowk, Dadar West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400028, India
- Phone: +91 22 2445 1871
- Hours: 10 AM–10:30 PM
6) Misal Pav @ Vinay
Misal Pav is made from a mix of curried sprouted lentils, topped with batata (potato) bhaji, Poha (rice flakes), Chivda, Farsan, raw chopped onions, and tomato. This hot and spicy dish is eaten with Pav bread.
- Address: Vinay Health Home, Jawahar Mansion, Dr. Babasaheb Jaykar Marg, Thakurdwar, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400002, India
- Phone: +91 22 2208 1211
- Hours: 7 AM–10 PM
7) Nalli Nihari @ Noor Mohammadi
Nalli Nihari is made of soft and tender mutton shanks in a rich, greasy gravy filled with marrow and steeped in spices, the flavors exploding with delight. A crisp roti makes for the perfect accompaniment.
- Address: Noor Mohammadi Hotel, 181-183, Abdul Hakim Noor Mohammadi Chowk, Bhendi Bazar, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400003, India
- Phone: +91 22 2345 6008
- Hours: 6 AM–1 AM
8) Pani Puri @ Elco Pani Puri
Vendors poke a thumb into a crisp fried sphere, fill it with potato, chickpeas, onion and sprouted lentils, then dunk it into a sweet-and-sour mix of tamarind and jaggery, then a liquid blend of coriander, mint and garam masala.
- Address: Elco Pani Puri Centre, 2/A Elco Market, 46 Hill Road, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400050, India
- Phone: +91 22 2645 7677
- Hours: 9:30AM–11:30PM
16 Best Street Foods in Mumbai You Must Try
9) Kheema Pav @ Olympia
Minced mutton cooked with onions, garlic, tomatoes, chillies, and spices take on many avatars here. In its original form, it is referred to as plain Kheema. Topped with a crispy fried sunny side up egg, it is called kheema single fry. And scrambled eggs, it is called ghotala. And all three are best eaten with Mumbai’s signature pav bread bun.
- Address: Olympia Coffee House, Rahim Mansion No.1, Shahid Bhagat Singh Marg, Next to Police Station, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400039, India
- Phone: +91 22 2202 1043
- Hours: 7 AM–12 AM
10) Bombay Sandwich @ Amar
Bombay Sandwich is lavishly buttered white bread and sandwiched between them thin slices of beetroot, boiled potatoes, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion rings, and mint chutney. Cut into four triangles so that you can handle all the layers without spilling them, you get the most refreshing tangy taste, after each bite. A toasted version steams up the vegetables inside and adds another dimension.
- Address: Amar Juice Centre, No.3, Beside Kupar Hospital, Gulmohar Road, Vile Parle West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400056, India
- Phone: +91 22 2670 0481
- Hours: 9 AM-12 AM
11) Pav Bhaji @ Sardar
Pav Bhaji has mashed steamed mixed vegetables (mainly potatoes, peas, tomatoes, onions and green pepper) cooked in spices and loads of butter. It is eaten with pav, which is shallow fried in even more butter and served with chopped onions. Sometimes cheese and paneer (cottage cheese) are added.
- Address: Sardar, Pav Bhaji, A, 166-B, junction, 166, Tardeo Rd, Janata Nagar, Tardeo, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400034, India
- Phone:+91 22 2353 0208
- Hours: 10 AM-2 AM
12) Kebabs @ Sarvi
While the Kebabs may not be unique to Mumbai or the region, a few varieties that emerged from the Muslim community are truly unique. Gurda (kidney) and Kaleji (liver) top this list. Charcoal grilled, they go great with freshly sliced onions and a squeeze of lime.
- Address: Sarvi Restaurant, Dimtimkar Rd, Nagpada, Kamathipura, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400008, India
- Phone: +91 9833 533 305
- Hours: 9 AM-11 PM
13) Chicken Tikka Rolls @ Bademiya
In Chicken Tikka Rolls, the meat is wrapped in a steaming Roomali Roti – as thin and soft as a handkerchief – and topped with strips of fried onion. No sauce required, its juices are enough.
- Address: Bademiya, Behind Hotel Taj Mahal,Tullock Road, Apollo Bandar, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400039, India
- Phone:+91 22 2284 8038
- Hours: 7 PM-3 AM
14) Butter Chicken @ Punjab Grill
Butter Chicken is made from chunks of chicken, marinated overnight in a yogurt and spice mix that includes ginger garlic paste and lime juice. It is then grilled or pan-fried. An ultra rich sauce made with butter, tomato puree, cumin, garam masalas and fresh cream is then poured over it. Best had with Indian bread like roti, naan or parathas.
- Address: Punjab Grill, 462,T 17, Level 3, Palladium Mall, High Street Phoenix, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400013, India
- Phone:+91 22 4347 3980
- Hours: 11 AM-11 PM
15) Fresh Juice & Milk Shakes @ Bachelorrs
The cream-and-strawberry milkshake is a classic, but it also churns out numerous chocolate variations – from Classic Chocolate and Black Gold Premium to Liquid Marble – along with a host of fresh lime, coconut water, and lychee juices.
- Address: Bachelorrs, 45, Chowpatty Sea Face, Marine Drive, Opp. Thackers, Marine Drive Jogging Track, Chowpatty, Girgaon, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400007, India
- Phone:+91 22 2368 2211
- Hours: 11.30 AM-2.00 AM
16) Falooda @ Badshah
A rich drink, Falooda is vermicelli mixed with milk, almonds, pistachios, a bit of rose syrup and the key ingredient -sabza or basil seeds – topped up with two scoops of ice cream.
- Address: Badshah, 152/156, Umrigar Building, Opposite Crawford Market, Lokmanya Tilak Marg, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400003, India
- Phone:+91 22 2344 9316
- Hours: 11 AM-11 PM